No need to buy a new sofa just because you’re craving a change. For an instant makeover, add a throw pillow (or three). Here are some tips:
1) Purchase throw pillows in a variety of fabrics, including prints, stripes, paisley, floral and solids. Combine small patterns with large prints.
2) Fill empty corners or empty floor spaces with piles of over-stuffed pillows.
3) Place a patterned throw pillow on a solid color chair or sofa, or a solid color pillow on a patterned chair or sofa to add contrast.
4) Arrange throw pillows in groups of odd numbers such as three or five, rather than the more traditional pairs.
5) Add a splash of color by mixing a few small throw pillows among the larger ones. They are practical and can be changed often for a quick re-do.
“This is a very good tip. I’m going to change my throw pillows and do something with more spring/summer like just for that extra splash of color.”
“Oh So Fabulous!!”